Monday 12 October 2009

Existing Penguin book covers...

Here I have shown a few examples of existing book covers that I think could help influence my designs for the cover of Alice's adventures in wonderland. In these examples you can see a clear display of image and type combined and in most cases the typography is quite experimental. The colour palette is quite limited in all of the designs which I think makes them look even more effective and they are not too over complicated. But overall there seems to be no limitations to the designs and I think I could pretty much do anything I like as long as it is appropriate.









Ralph Steadman.... gonzo style drawing working with illusions. I think this could relate really well to the story of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland...the whole fairy tale almost relates around illusions and things not appearing as they are meant to.


Fairy tale section in the library, just looking at type and colours used on existing covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment