Sunday 8 November 2009

Johnny Cupcakes t shirts....


Johnny cupcakes website...love the layout of his website, clear fun and interactive. Also limited colour palette.
Stickers using type and imagery from existing t-shirts.

Other promotional material for his t shirt range.
Placing t shirt designs in context.

This another idea that I could incorporate into my designs...using other forms of promotional material.

I like the little tag that is involved inside the t shirt and the one at the bottom of the t shirt...I think it just makes cupcakes tee's that little bit more unique and individual to him. His attention to detail is amazing and I think that is why he has become so successful!





Johnny Cupcakes is kind of the reason why I decided I wanted to make a go of designing my own t shirt range...it is amazing how successful he has become and how well known he is as a contemporary designer!
I think the style of his designs are really tasteful and much like the sort of work that I am producing, involving image and experiemental type! I also like the colour variations that he uses...I really like black and yellow together it really stands!
I have also noticed that on the back of all his t shirts he almost signs them with his signature cupcake and bones! I think this is a wicked idea and I would like to think of something like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment